Most people worry about remodeling a small bathroom, thinking that they would not be able to do much about upgrading the place since it is too small. Of course, hiring a professional decorator to do the job would be the easiest thing to do but if you want to bring out your creative skills and have more fun, not to mention save a lot of money, then you can do it yourself.
You can just leave the hard stuff installations to the professionals.
The first thing you need to do is to make up a plan for your bathroom design. In remodeling a small bathroom, planning is essential to avoid costly mistakes. You also need to check your budget and ask yourself how much money you are willing to spend for this renovation. This would limit your choices and help you decide faster on what to buy. You would have to list what your priorities are, like which one you can afford to replace and which one you would have to keep. Remodeling a small bathroom is made easy because of the internet where you can search for almost anything and it would give you an idea on the stuff that you can afford that would look great for your small bathroom.
Just re-painting the walls and cabinets would already improve the overall look of the room. You only have to choose a color that would brighten up the place and would blend well with the color of your tiles. Installing decorative window films on your windows in remodeling a small bathroom would surely make your room more elegant. You can also make use of these window films on the glass doors of your cabinets and your mirrors. You would be pleasantly surprised at the effect of these window films to your bathroom. This is something that you can do by yourself because it is easy to do.
If you do not have shower glass enclosures and just uses shower curtains for partitions, do not despair. When it comes to remodeling a small bathroom, the right kind of color and design of the shower curtain would help in the overall aesthetic of the bathroom. Choose a design that is simple but elegant.
In remodeling a small bathroom, you need to make sure that there would be less or no clutter at all in your bathroom. Store all your bathroom essentials in a cabinet or bin to make the place look neat and tidy. Make sure that glass doors or cabinets are covered with tinted or frosted films that would hide its contents. Clutter would make the room even smaller not to mention untidy.
In choosing the right fixtures in remodeling a small bathroom, just make sure that the size would fit in perfectly. Elaborate designs also have a way of taking too much space so something simple would be appropriate and ideal. Choose a sink that has a moderate size and a faucet with a sleek design. When it comes to your showerheads, this is the time where you can definitely choose a big one. There is nothing compared to the feeling of taking a shower with a large showerhead.
If you do not have much space, then creating the illusion of space would be ideal in remodeling a small bathroom, or you can just settle for a small cozy look for your bathroom. Whatever you decide to do, the important thing is that the design of this place should make you feel comfortable and relaxed.
Bathroom Design Ideas to Maximize Small Bathroom
Each time you are looking through the pages of a magazine that flaunts images of amazing and elegantly decorated bathrooms you are simply awestruck. Well not each one of us has the luxury to invest in a big sized bathroom but nevertheless we can always remodel our compact bath zones to lend them a bigger and a better look. Here are a few suggestions and guidelines that one can follow before renovating the bathroom to maximize its feel and redo its look.
- In case you plan to invest in a brand new shower panel, try searching for the best deal .You can always install shower doors without frames, this will minimize the shower door swing and you will not require a large clearance space.
- Instead of a regular door (that requires at least a thirty degree wide arc for the clearance area), opt for a pocket door. The bathroom will look broad and chic.
- If the bathroom has any partition walls, remove them immediately. Partition walls were very common in old houses as they added design and segregated big rooms by creating smaller spaces.
- Appropriate illumination is another overlooked aspect by a lot of people. To ensure a brightly lit area, place the recessed lights next to the vanity mirror.
- Adding mirrors in various shapes and sizes can make the bathroom look larger than its actual size. There is a wide variety of mirrors available in the market that can enhance the beauty of your bathroom.
- Ensure that the bathroom area always remains clutter free. Any washcloths, extra towels and dumped clothes need to be removed to lend it a clean and fresh feel.
- Opt for neutral and cool shades such as the tones of white, beige and pastels. The color should be well coordinated with the fixtures and scheme of the bathroom.
- Wall mounted vanities should be preferred over custom made cabinets as the former looks stylish and saves more space.